Permission was given by the Boxmoor Trust for cricket to be played on the ‘moor’ in 1857.
It was not until 1936, that, with greatly increased membership, a second XI was formed.
In 1957 a number of Sunday matches were arranged but these were always away fixtures. In
1960, the Boxmoor Trust gave permission for matches to be played at Boxmoor on a Sunday.
The growing membership has enabled two teams to be fielded on both Saturdays and Sundays since 1967.
A Colts section of the Club was formed in 1969 and re-established in 2007.
The original pavilion was built in 1962 and extended in 1970. In July 1971 the buildings were extensively damaged by fire and rebuilding was completed in January 1972. The present pavilion was built in 1983. An extension was built in 1996 to increase the size of the changing facilities and to form a new groundsman’s store. Boxmoor Cricket Club celebrated its 150th Anniversary in 2007 and a full history of the club was compiled and published by First XI umpire Colin Hollick.